Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mother In-law is favouring one child

My MIL is constantly favouring my daughter over my son. She takes on outings to the movies, out for lunch, shopping, buys her things, and when we go on family outings always asks her to ride in her car. My son is getting no attention at all, and it's really unfair.

MIL will come and pick up Daughter, and Son has to ask me why he can't go to, and then he is sad and I have to try and do extra special things at home with him to try and make up for it.

She thinks he is a bad child, and even once asked me why I haven't taken him to a child psychologist!

He is such a sweet child, and is only one year younger than my daughter. And now my daughter is being a spoiled brat when she is at home!

3 comments:

  1. Why do you let it happen? You can see the damage it's doing to both of your children. Take some responsibility and stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd would be compelled to say - 'take them both or take neither of them'.
    Sometimes it's not as simple as that though is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let her go simple. my in laws are all over two of their grand daughters and act as tho mine doesn't exist. I used yo text pix and updates when we went to health visitor. but they didn't care so I stopped. my daughter is 2 they've seen her maybe 5 times. itstheir loss not hers my family worship her so software them!

    ReplyDelete