Monday, November 29, 2010

I think my husband is trying to keep me fat.

Every time I start a new diet, my husband brings home chocolate, or cheese and crackers, or some of my other favourite foods that aren’t good for me when I am trying to lose weight but he knows that I won’t be able to resist.

I don’t know if he is doing this on purpose.

He tells me that he is supportive and he wants to see me happy and lose the weight but then it’s like he’s trying to sabotage my efforts.

I don’t know if he’s worried that I might get more attention when I’m not overweight anymore? I’ve tried to assure him that he has nothing to worry about.

Don’t know what to do.

3 comments:

  1. I hate to say it but i think you might be right!......Even more reason to not give in and stick to it ,its not about him and his insecurities (sp?)you need to do this to be happier and healthier for your babies xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. My other half used to bring all sorts of things home. Not only that but will only cook meals that HE wants to eat. He doesn't think he should have to change HIS diet when I'M 'the fat one'.

    You need a lifestyle change, and they (*cough* men) need to understand that means them too. Selfish, metabolism hogging heathens(sp?)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband makes pizza on Sundays for lunch. It is delicious pizza but recently he decided to start drizzling olive oil on both the bottom of the pizza tray and on top of the pizza. We've gone through more olive oil in the last month than in the previous 6 months.

    Back when he used to walk past Coles on the way home from the station he'd stop and get himself a evening snack and a family block of chocolate for me. Financially painful as well as waistline swelling.

    ReplyDelete