Sunday, January 2, 2011

Mind your own business!

At a recent get together, a family member started belittling my parenting skills (in front of everyone) because I told off my child for spitting their food out.

Things like, "How would you like it if I shoved a whole heap of food you don't like in your mouth?!"

I informed them that my child had not eaten a single bite of their dinner, and I had only asked them to eat one bite, but my child spat out the only two bites they took of their food. Just like every night, it's a constant struggle to get them to eat anything at dinner time.

They replied with "Well you shouldn't give them breakfast or lunch or snacks all the time", "I used to do this, and my kids did this and blah blah blah blah blah"

I didn't want to argue, and I really wanted to defend myself more but I bit my tongue and ignored them for the sake of everyone around us.

FFS who do they think they are. This isn't my first child, and I  have more kids than they do and I'm not the one who's nearly had child protection services on them. And they think they can put me down about my parenting ??

Get F*cked.

1 comment:

  1. ah, gotta love family who are quick to offer advice about things they know nothing about. It's sometimes easier just to bite your tongue and let them rave on.

    ReplyDelete